IP Address control broken

Rob Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Sat Mar 5 22:33:05 CST 2005

Robert Reif wrote:

> I am unable to edit the text in an IP Address control.  I can
> select it and delete it with the mouse but typing into it
> causes the test to go to the window it was started in.

Hmmm. Strange. The IP address control just uses Edit windows to handle
this behaviour. It looks like maybe something funky is going on with the
focus handling in the Edit control. And, yes, funky is a technical term.

> Disabling the control does not change it's color.

We probably need to handle WM_ENABLE (an audit needs to be done for all
controls actually) and override the WM_ERASEBKGND message handler to
make the control greyed.

> Is anyone working on this control?

I'll take a look at it tomorrow. It doesn't look like the problems are
too serious and I should be able to copy 'n' paste code from the other
controls. It's kinda handy when you have other complete controls to work
from.

Rob