Let's fix Steam!

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Mar 8 09:49:17 CST 2005

Am Dienstag, 8. März 2005 12:41 schrieb Scott Ritchie:
> Steam has had a serious problem for quite some time, failing with a
> strange debug assertion error popup at the dreaded 27% mark.
Just an update to my mail sent 2 minutes ago: I downloaded steam, ran it with
wine(cvs from 3/6/2005) and it WORKED without doing anything special. I
should have tried before sending this mail.

Wine just told me that it has to download the mozilla active X control and
crashed because of a missing dll(MSVCR70.dll). I'll get this dll and do some
more testing.

Stefan