unixfs

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 8 13:27:43 CST 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 20:12, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I think the extension itself is perfectly reasonable. The thing I'm
> not sure about is creating a brand new dll for it, adding
> Wine-specific dlls should be avoided if possible.

This is from dlls/shell32/shellole.c:

/* this table contains all CLSID's of shell32 objects */
struct {
 REFIID   riid;
 LPFNCREATEINSTANCE lpfnCI;
} InterfaceTable[] = {
 {&CLSID_ShellFSFolder, &IFSFolder_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_MyComputer, &ISF_MyComputer_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_ShellDesktop, &ISF_Desktop_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_ShellLink, &IShellLink_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_DragDropHelper, &IDropTargetHelper_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_ControlPanel, &IControlPanel_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_AutoComplete,   &IAutoComplete_Constructor},
 {NULL,NULL}
};

Would you consider it more reasonable to implement unixfs as a part of
shell32? We would not have to alter the APIs exported by shell32 to do this.
Wine's shell32 would just recognize more CLSID's than the original one.

Bye,
--
Michael Jung
mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de