Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 8 13:27:43 CST 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 20:12, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I think the extension itself is perfectly reasonable. The thing I'm
> not sure about is creating a brand new dll for it, adding
> Wine-specific dlls should be avoided if possible.

This is from dlls/shell32/shellole.c:

/* this table contains all CLSID's of shell32 objects */
struct {
 REFIID   riid;
} InterfaceTable[] = {
 {&CLSID_ShellFSFolder, &IFSFolder_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_MyComputer, &ISF_MyComputer_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_ShellDesktop, &ISF_Desktop_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_ShellLink, &IShellLink_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_DragDropHelper, &IDropTargetHelper_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_ControlPanel, &IControlPanel_Constructor},
 {&CLSID_AutoComplete,   &IAutoComplete_Constructor},

Would you consider it more reasonable to implement unixfs as a part of
shell32? We would not have to alter the APIs exported by shell32 to do this.
Wine's shell32 would just recognize more CLSID's than the original one.

Michael Jung
mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de