XML escaping problem in WWN 264

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 8 14:09:04 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 08:43 -0700, Brian Vincent wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:38:22 +0000, Paul Millar
> > Would it not be just "&amp;lt;rant&amp;gt;" ?
> >
> > XML -> HTML renders this to "&lt;rant&gt;", which the browser will render as
> > "<rant>".
>
> No.. that didn't work.  Good tip though.
>
> Newman - any ideas?  Maybe &lt;&nbsp;rant&nbsp;&gt;?  I think that
> would be acceptable if it worked.

&amp;lt;rant&amp;gt; is the correct way to get through the parser. I
have added some code to the parser that will pass through unknown html
tags as plain text. In other words <rant> should get converted to
&lt;rant&gt; automatically. The downside is that in this case the tags
need to be properly nested in other tags. Otherwise, use the longer
form.

> While we're on the the HTML topic, anyone want to take a quick stab at
> updating the stylesheet to properly render <DL><DT><DD> tags within
> quotes?  Looks like we just need some indenting.  Example:
> http://www.winehq.com/?issue=264#Wine%20Status

This should indent properly now. Seems <dl> does not inherit the
padding-left used by the indent class in the <p> tag. I coded a work
around. Someone can fill me in if there is a better way to do this.