server/protocol.def documentation

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:16:20 CST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:34:16 +0100, Marcus Meissner
<marcus at jet.franken.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 06:38:01PM -0600, James Hawkins wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I now understand the purpose of SERVER_START_REQ et al, but now I'm in
> > server/protocol.def and I'm trying to add a protocol definition for
> > load_key.  load_key is implemented in server/registry.c, but is not in
> > server/protocol.def so, if I'm correct, I can't make a call to
> > load_key from ntdll yet.  I am trying to add load_key to protocol.def,
> > but I don't know the semantics of this file.  Is there any
> > documentation available for this topic, or does anyone have any
> > information that could be added to the docs?
>
> I think you should be looking at
>         dlls/advapi32/registry.c::RegLoadKeyW()
>
> for a registry load key implementation. It is using the load_registry request.
>
> Ciao, Marcus

I looked at RegLoadKeyW/A, but I don't know why load_registry was
chosen over load_key.  If the common opinion is that we use
load_registry instead of load_key, I can do that (it would be easier
anyway), but the plan is to implement NtLoadKey and have RegLoadKey
call NtLoadKey.

--
James Hawkins