Regression after ddraw surface locking patch

Henning Gerhardt henning.gerhardt at
Wed Mar 9 11:42:11 CST 2005

Hello Paul, you wrote;

>ZooTycoon 1 demo 'crashes' with:
>trace:ddraw:DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt   flags: DDBLT_COLORFILL DDBLT_WAIT
>First chance exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000294 in 32-bit
>code (0x17d7b350).
>This is because src = NULL and we do (line 517):
>     if (This->locked || ((IDirectDrawSurfaceImpl *)src)->locked) {
>        WARN(" Surface is busy, returning DDERR_SURFACEBUSY\n");
>        return DDERR_SURFACEBUSY;
>    }
>Can I just surround this by:
>if (NULL != src)
>This fixes my problem. There is another potential problem around line 993.
>I've attached a patch, if it's correct I will send it to wine-patches.

I did try your patch, but it doesn't help me by the demo of Beyond
Divinity. But I discovered which patch from Oliver Stieber caused the
regression (and the two following
must also be reverted to get the demo of Beyond Divinity get back to work: and ).

I have no idea or the programming skills to discover the source of this bug