Ptrace problem on amd64? (Was: Re: Warcraft III can't find cdrom)

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at
Wed Mar 9 15:30:35 CST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:28:36 -0700, Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at> wrote:
> Well, even if cedega works, it doesn't help us.  I'm sure their copy
> protection support is completely different.  When copy protection
> broke on x86 and wine, the cedega side was completely quiet on it.

Well, I've learned something new.  They were affected too:
"2.6.9, 2.6.10 Kernels and Copy Protection"

This is the first mention by them I have found.  I dunno what to draw
on this, except, to say that x86-64 should work too.  If wine's and
cedega's signal handling is pretty much the same, and cedega + x86-64
works, then there may be something else wrong.