wine-20041201 unhappy with Tivo software

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at
Wed Mar 9 22:22:33 CST 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:52:54 -0800, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
> OK, I should try this with wine from cvs, since
> there have been some MSI fixes posted since three
> months ago, but with winev20041201,
> trying to install
> crashes, oh, exactly like OpenOffice did in January
> ( )

FWIW, Windows OpenOffice seems just fine now.  I installed it without
any memorable problems a few weeks ago on a completely stock Wine
install.  (Long story why.)  However, I don't think it's too hard to
find MSI installers that break.  What seems like a good example are
Microsoft's "viewer" programs - Word Viewer, etc.  Seems like complex
installers for relatively small programs.