server/protocol.def documentation

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Mar 10 08:01:56 CST 2005

Juan Lang <juan_lang at yahoo.com> writes:

> As far as documenting the server API, again I agree with you: it's a
> worthwhile task.  There's even a todo list item for it assigned to
> Alexandre.. but I wouldn't hold my breath for him to provide something
> parseable by newbies.

protocol.def itself is the documentation of the protocol, there is no
need for more. It's pretty much self-explaining anyway, and people who
can't figure it out by reading the code have no business messing
around with the server protocol. Consider it as the entrance exam for
server hacking ;-)

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org