Wine in the press

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Mar 10 11:58:54 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 11:42 -0500, Tom Wickline wrote:
> > About page? FAQ? No no, our no 1 competitor is saying we're the leading
> > brand (washes whiter than white!) - it should have a permanent place on
> > the front page IMHO.
>
> Would you suggest we have a *Testimonial* ?
>
>  "As the most popular third-party translation technology in use, Wine
> was the first emulator to be specifically tested for via WGA" -
> Microsoft spokesperson

A bit long, and not everyone will know what WGA is. I'd suggest just
paraphrasing it:

"Wine is the most popular third party translation technology in use"
  -Microsoft

> I can see your point if *I* / *WE* turn to rage, this would only go to further
> there cause. But if we make them the butt end of the joke it will only back fire
> on them in the end.

I wouldn't worry about that, it's not a joke. If they didn't want us to
use it in promotional material they shouldn't have said it.

thanks -mike