Wine in the press

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at
Thu Mar 10 12:34:34 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:58:54 +0000, Mike Hearn <mike at> wrote:
> A bit long, and not everyone will know what WGA is. I'd suggest just
> paraphrasing it:
> "Wine is the most popular third party translation technology in use"
>   -Microsoft

No, I wouldn't do that.  I don't think it's libel, but IANAL and I
don't really know.

I can't think of a good way to include the quote anywhere on the main
page.  Maybe it makes more sense starting off the "About" page?

Or, even better, we (and by "we" I mean someone other than me) go
through some of the articles printed about Wine in the past year and
dig out about 5 - 10 really good quotes.  Then we (and by "we" I mean
Newman) figures out a way to randomly the select the quotes and
display them on the main page.  Then just include the Microsoft quote
with them.  I think that would be neat and it would advertise a lot

In completely unrelated news, I've been meaning to send out something
in the next few days reminding people to book hotel rooms for
Wineconf.  There is still space available - if they told you otherwise
please double check.  March 17th is the last date for reserving a room
there.  Also, I need to sit down and spend some time looking over
agenda ideas.  If you have any ideas at all, or want to present
something cool, let me know.

- Brian