Theming for Wine via the registry

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at
Fri Mar 11 06:51:02 CST 2005

--- Scott Ritchie <scott at> wrote:
> This thread on the forums caught my attention:
> 1) Is there a way we can make Wine respect the
> current GTK themes?
> Wasn't someone working on this a while ago?  What's
> the status?

I think this falls under...
Integrate the Registry With Native Configurations

Implement a bridge between the Windows registry and
the GNOME/KDE configuration systems. If you set the
wallpaper in a Windows app it should reflect on your
real desktop. This is useful for programs like the
WebShots desktop. This could be done by extending the

workers: wanted
status: to do
updated: Dec 21, 2004

It's fairly easy to do, just copy the GTK system
settings into the correct registry entries on startup
and visa-versa.

I have an old email from myself that tells me to take
a look at ....

hkey_users \console ... Control Panel (for desktop
stuff) and Keyboard Layout

So I expect that's a good place to start looking.

details on reading-writing Gnome/Kde settings should
be at