wine/ misc/registry.c documentation/samples/config

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sat Mar 12 09:20:42 CST 2005

Mike Hearn <mike at> writes:

> Hi Alexandre,
> What is the thinking behind this patch? If we don't load the Windows
> registry on startup where should it be loaded? Will this code re-appear
> at any point in the future? A significant number of users still expect to
> be able to point Wine at an actual Windows install despite what we
> recommend.

There should be an "import existing Windows drive" function in
winecfg, or something along those lines, that would create symlinks to
the Windows install and import the registry.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at