wine/ misc/registry.c documentation/samples/config

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sat Mar 12 14:57:26 CST 2005

Mike Hearn <mike at> writes:

> I'd have to disagree. I am not really convinced this sort of encouragement
> works:
> - We have no config file, yet this has apparently not accelerated the pace
>   of winecfg development, we just have more confused users

Actually there has been quite a bit of work done on winecfg. To get
more done requires people to start depending on it, which means
finishing the transition to the new config. And in order to do this we
need to get rid of the current registry hacks, the first of which is
the Windows registry loading code. Whether or not someone works on a
replacement is really secondary, the primary goal is to get the new
registry stuff in place, even if that means some less used features
have to be dropped for the time being.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at