Scrollkeeper, the documentation, XML, and the way forward

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sun Mar 13 04:53:01 CST 2005

Scott Ritchie <scott at> writes:

> Well, let's discuss it here then.  What's so great about SGML, when
> scrollkeeper doesn't like it and we can convert it to html/txt with
> similar tools to the ones we use now?

There's nothing great about SGML, no argument here; but as far as I
can tell XML is the same mess except a bit worse. And I can't say I'm
particularly thrilled to have to change all the documentation every
couple of years just to follow the so-called standard of the day.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at