[ARTWORK] icon: "My Computer"

Christoph Brill egore at gmx.de
Sun Mar 13 06:43:00 CST 2005

Am Sonntag, den 13.03.2005, 12:20 +0000 schrieb Mike Hearn:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:02:54 +0100, egore wrote:
> > I drew a simple icon that COULD be used as a replacement for the current
> > one. I don't know if anyone of you likes it, so please tell me what you
> > think. Tell me if you like it, if you hate if, what could be done
> > better, etc.
>
> Heya,
>
> Typically icons have to be totally redrawn in the Gimp for 16x16 and other
> small sizes according to Jimmac. Here are some tips:
>
> - Avoid perspective, at the sizes Wine works at (32x32 and 16x16)
>   perspective just doesn't work. Draw them front on.
What about http://www.egore911.de/vype/wine/my%20computer/0.3/my%
20computer%20016x016.png I think it's still useable even used with
perpective. And what about
http://www.egore911.de/vype/wine/desktop/0.2/desktop%20016x016.png ?
It's even less perpective.

> - We don't need SVG or large sizes, because Windows doesn't use them.
>   48x48 is the max necessary and I'm not sure we actually use them in
>   Wine (they are an XP thing)
Hmm, I suck at pixel based drawing. Therefore I drew them in SVG.

> - I think the current file icon is OK, note that it's got a very clear
>   solid outline. At small sizes the lines have been anti-aliased into grey
>   which we don't want.
I will check if I can work around anti-aliasing problems.