[documentation] winedev-kernel

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 13 08:11:51 CST 2005

Dmitry Timoshkov a écrit :
>>>Did you actually test this? We need a knowledge, not a speculation.
>>I did. See attached test and it fails on XP. Note that ReadFile works on socket
>>(overlapped op), while WriteFile (synchronous operation) doesn't.
> Your test passes on win2k SP4 for me, but hangs on win98. Uncommented WriteFile
> call failes and doesn't change a previous error value, but that might be due to
> different reasons: missing OVERLAPPED pointer, incompatible socket open mode, or
> something else.
yeahh, you're right.
I found what's going wrong. By default, WS2 opens the socket in overlapped mode,
hence the error in Read/Write File (while the send/recv and other WS functions
should handle this gracefully).
BTW, our WS implementation doesn't use the right open mode by default (which is

Eric Pouech