Let's fix Steam!

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun Mar 13 15:13:21 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 12:56 -0500, Tim Schmidt wrote:
> Hey guys, sorry to intrude, but I've been out of the Windows gaming
> scene for longer than I can remember.  I own copies of Half-life and a
> few other games, but am I to understand that they can be played (for
> free?) through steam?  I see that you can purchase a few games through
> steam as well ( I remember hearing about it some time ago...  most of
> the work done on it was done by the bittorrent guy right?).
>
> --tim

Yes you can.  If you want to help us test it out, all you'll need is
your Half Life CD Key - Steam should download and patch up the rest of
everything.

That is, if I can get steam to work - still no text on the buttons makes
it mighty difficult to know what I'm doing.

http://tuzakey.com/~scott/steam.png

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie