Let's fix Steam!

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Mar 14 13:29:55 CST 2005

Am Sonntag, 13. März 2005 22:13 schrieb Scott Ritchie:
> On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 12:56 -0500, Tim Schmidt wrote:
> > Hey guys, sorry to intrude, but I've been out of the Windows gaming
> > scene for longer than I can remember.  I own copies of Half-life and a
> > few other games, but am I to understand that they can be played (for
> > free?) through steam?  I see that you can purchase a few games through
> > steam as well ( I remember hearing about it some time ago...  most of
> > the work done on it was done by the bittorrent guy right?).
> >
> > --tim
>
> Yes you can.  If you want to help us test it out, all you'll need is
> your Half Life CD Key - Steam should download and patch up the rest of
> everything.
>
> That is, if I can get steam to work - still no text on the buttons makes
> it mighty difficult to know what I'm doing.
>
> http://tuzakey.com/~scott/steam.png
Does this also happen in Desktop mode? Steam has some problems with the Window
Styles(I sent a mail a few hours ago).

Well, the buttons are " < Back", " Next > " and "Cancel". But that won't help
much if you can't read the text.

Have you tried to set "ClientSideWithRender" and "ClientSideWithCore" in the
x11drv Section to false? I have them enabled and if I disable them I can't
see any text too(just noticed this).

Stefan