Wine FAQ removed from the doc tarballs

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Fri Mar 18 07:04:08 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 01:21:06PM +0100, Francois Gouget wrote:
>> ---
>> revision 1.36
>> date: 2003-09-18 20:51:32 +0000;  author: julliard;  state: Exp;  lines: +9
>> -5
>> Remove the FAQ from the doc tarball, and build it as a single .html
>> file (based on patch by Dimitrie O. Paun).
>> ---
>> What's the reasoning behind this?
> Well, there's not much point to create .ps and .pdf versions of it IMO.
> This is mostly interesting for WineHQ.

But I don't see any reason not to put it in wine-doc-html.tar.gz or
wine-doc-txt.tar.gz. The idea of these tar files is so that one can get
all the Wine documentation with just one download and the FAQ is part of
the documentation.

Also I don't see any evidence that the FAQ is changing faster than the
rest of the documentation and is more perishable. So I see no reason to
cast it apart.

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                RFC 2549:
                 IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service