[WINEOSS] use default prepare functions

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 18 17:17:50 CST 2005

Francois Gouget wrote:

> I have been thinking about how to share more more code between the
> drivers. My understanding is that we cannot modify the winmm-driver
> protocol because we have to conform to the standard Windows API,
> mostly so that winmm can be reused with as little modifications as
> possible by the ReactOS project.

What would be cool is to implement a real driver that you can access
using CreateFile and DeviceIoControl.
Then the wave api could use mmdrv.dll to translate the calls to the
device and dsound.dll could use
the kernel streaming interfaces to access the drivers directly.  ReactOS
would be happy but it's probably
too much work for wine.