Wine FAQ removed from the doc tarballs

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Mar 18 22:26:33 CST 2005

Le ven 18/03/2005 à 13:14, Hiji a écrit :
[snip]
> but it also
> minimizes the propagation of old documentation which
> no one will have the power to update.  By not
> consolidating the documentation resource, there will
> eventually be a certain percentage of the Wine
> userbase trying to follow outdated Wine documents.

As long as they follow the docs on the same Wine snapshot from which
their documentation came, it's good by me. Mixing new docs with old Wine
will do no good ("I have symlinks in my ~/.wine/dosdevices, but Wine is
expecting drive definitions in config"), as well as mixing old docs with
new Wine ("I don't have a config...").

I think most binary packages already provide the docs in a compiled
form. If they do not, they should do so, at least in a wine-doc(s)
package (if that's the distribution way of doing it), or in the main
wine package.

Vincent