NTDLL: teach wine about Mingw32 (RESUBMIT)

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Tue Mar 22 10:26:15 CST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Steven Edwards wrote:

> I don't understand why Mingw does not report the same value as the
> Windows compiler here. Do you know lcc or and other free compiler based
> application need this? If not maybe it should be fixed in mingw.

I don't know why Mingw reports a slightly different value, but Windows
runs these applications without complaining, and there are certainly a lot
of so-tagged binaries already in existence.  So even if Mingw were to be
"fixed" to more closely emulate some other Windows compiler, wine should
still do something reasonably with these binaries.

milita planning colonel East Timor Sabana Seca RNC ESGAIN smuggle
Semtex nuclear class struggle JMTRAX AMQUACK shotgun MHCHAOS RYBAT
                          ( http://cscott.net/ )