NTDLL: teach wine about Mingw32 (RESUBMIT)

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Tue Mar 22 10:26:15 CST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Steven Edwards wrote:

> I don't understand why Mingw does not report the same value as the
> Windows compiler here. Do you know lcc or and other free compiler based
> application need this? If not maybe it should be fixed in mingw.

I don't know why Mingw reports a slightly different value, but Windows
runs these applications without complaining, and there are certainly a lot
of so-tagged binaries already in existence.  So even if Mingw were to be
"fixed" to more closely emulate some other Windows compiler, wine should
still do something reasonably with these binaries.
  --scott

milita planning colonel East Timor Sabana Seca RNC ESGAIN smuggle
Semtex nuclear class struggle JMTRAX AMQUACK shotgun MHCHAOS RYBAT
                          ( http://cscott.net/ )