Another one from last night: fix for dlls/kernel/tests/time.c on Windows 98

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Tue Mar 22 13:26:07 CST 2005

Jakob Eriksson <jakov at> writes:

> I  may be totally long but this is what I figured:
> the low parts unit is 10 nanoseconds.  So one full dwLowDateTime is
> 2^32 10 nanoseconds, which is 120 hours.

I think you are off by a factor of 1000 (and the unit is 100
nanoseconds BTW).

> Or maybe we shouldn't test this particular corner case at all. As you said
> before, if it differs so wildly between different Windows versions, probably
> no real application depends on the behaviour.

Yes, I think the test is useless. Its whole point is to make sure the
function detects bogus input, but if it doesn't under Windows then
there is nothing to test.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at