Warn users who attempt to use native DirectDraw

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Mar 23 04:15:04 CST 2005

Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> writes:

> There are a whole class of messages like that which *should* be message
> boxes but aren't for whatever reason. In this case we'd have to
> LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress user32. We can do this, if Alexandre thinks
> it'd be preferable - AJ?

Messages that the user needs to see have to be a message box, yes. But
really if we are doing things right there shouldn't be any need for
such messages. In this specific case I'd suggest letting winecfg take
care of it, by not offering the ddraw dlls in the load order config,
and/or issuing a warning when they are set to native.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org