Attempt to make buttons themed

Frank Richter resqu at gmx.ch
Wed Mar 23 06:25:41 CST 2005

On 23.03.2005 13:04, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> Maybe it only register as per Process, which makes sense. And it does
> that before any window is displayed. Actually I know when. (A bug I had)
> it does it in the InitCommonControlsEx call. Not even in the DLLMain. An
> app that needs theming needs 3 things. 1. Link to comctl32 2. call
> InitCommonControlsEx and 3. a manifest. Right? So I guess you have it.

Sounds plausible. Reading a bit up on window classes on MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/windowclasses/aboutwindow.asp)
indicates that overrideability of the default system classes is actually intended.

> I'm not 100% but I think there is no need for duplicate code. All
> comctl32 needs to do is chain to the user32 classes, only overriding
> PAINT messages and some mouse events. So you don't have to reinvent the
> wheel.

Sounds feasible to me.

-f.r.