Riched20: thanks + regression "beta" not shown

Phil Krylov phil at newstar.rinet.ru
Thu Mar 24 05:41:54 CST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:13:30 +0100
Tobias Burnus <burnus at gmx.de> wrote:

> Regression: One of the later riched20 patches, possibly
> http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=16672, caused a regression with the
> richedit control in Diamond.
>
> Before it showed a beta character from the Symbol font, now it only
> shows a box ("[]").

Did you check later CVS? I tried to read an RTF containing beta from the
Symbol font both as 'b' (CP_SYMBOL codepage) and as 0xF062 (Unicode),
and both did look like betas on the screen.

Anyway, thanks, because the RTF output you quote shows another bug in the
RTF writer which I'm addressing now.

> {fs18\f2 \u61538?}

"\u61538?" should be "b", and even if it was not in a symbol charset, it
should read "\u-3598" - RTF uses signed 16-bit values here.

> One feature request: Currently, tabs are shown as box ("[]"), how about
> replacing them with a simple space - that would increase the readability
> a lot.

I suppose this is more addressed to Krzysztof... The readability could be
even better if tab positions were supported :)

-- Ph.