Regression in winealsa (message only?)

Jeremy White jwhite at
Thu Mar 24 14:26:26 CST 2005

Hmm.  That's my patch, but it bumps into one from Robert Reif.

Robert, is plug:hw:N the correct device naming convention for
PCM opens?  I've always done plughw:N.  It appears as though
the snd_hctl_open of plug:hw:0 is failing.

I can't tell because of the lack of Alsa documentation which
is supposed to be right; if we're supposed to do plughw:0
instead of plug:hw:0, I'll have to fudge that code for the
volume control stuff.

Paul, you can test this for yourself by adding a

to your config  (or just try "hw" if that fails too).

and seeing if everything still works (if the error below
goes away but a new one pops up, then I have work to do :-/).