saving winrash

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Thu Mar 24 17:56:02 CST 2005

Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:

> Hello all,
> currently winrash users aren't returning any results from their testing.
> This is because we need tests to run on a visible desktop, better
> still in interactive mode.
> To save both the tests and winrash we need winrash to be somewhat
> similar to windows automatic updates,
> when new tests are available, winrash should pop up and say "new tests
> are available, run now?" and then give a
> yes/no, later option. Like this we can have interactive tests, and use
> winrash so people don't have to remember to download/run the tests. I
> do it but downloading the exe manually/opening a command line in the
> desktop/running the tests with the -t option/deleting the test.exe
> file isn't exactly user friendly. Maybe this task should go in the
> todo list, or should at least go on the web site somewhere, it would
> be an attractive task for newcomers with windows programming experience.

I have already sent links to documents on MSDN that state how to make a
service run on an interactive desktop. As some of the tests are a little
distracting graphically, we should probably do the dialog as you
suggest. I guess this is really up to the people running the test machines.
If the source to winrash was in the Wine tree I would already have fixed
it by now.

Rob