I think I know how uxtheme works...

Casper Hornstrup ch at csh-consult.dk
Fri Mar 25 04:51:51 CST 2005

In copyright law it's the result that matter, not the process. To be
protected by copyright law, it must be in tangible form. Looking at
disassembled code is permitted by copyright law so it's only a problem
if the person doing it lacks self-discipline and uses the disassembled
code in a way that violates copyright law.

That said, I don't believe there is a need for reverse engineering
methods for implementing the majority of ReactOS and WINE. Our goal
is to run Windows software on ReactOS and other free operating systems.
We have some smart people on these projects. If the Windows software
vendors could figure out how to use the interfaces using the public
available documentation, then we can certainly implement the interfaces
from that same information. If there is an interface that isn't
documented, then certainly most Windows software won't use it
and there is no need to implement the interface at all.

Casper