redirecting text to standard out

Raphael Clifford raphael at
Fri Mar 25 09:14:04 CST 2005

I am running a windows app under wine that prints text to the screen.
This can be copied and pasted into wine's notepad.  Is there any way to
get wine to simply output all text written by the app to standard out?
This would save me a lot of hassle :) I don't mind if it outputs far too
much (text from buttons etc) as I am planning on filtering the
information in any case.

It has been suggested to me to edit TextOut (or ExtTextOut) in dlls/gdi
somewhere and simply add a printf.  I had a look but this is the first
time I have ever looked at wine source and I am completely baffled.  Any
help is very much appreciated.