Max Payne 2 IDirect3DDevice8Impl_ActiveRender error

Tom Huckstep tom-lists-wine-devel at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 07:24:19 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 01:33:45PM +0100, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> > err:d3d:IDirect3DDevice8Impl_ActiveRender cannot get valides GLXFBConfig for
>
> It's a problem with off-screen textures, your card doesn't support the required type, try changing X from 32bit to 16bit or visa-versa and see it that helps.
> I'm working on a more permanent fix for directX 9 at the moment, but it will take a little while to make into DirectX 8.

My card is a GeForce3, and won't do 32bit (it does do 24bit)

With the latest Wine CVS and 16bit mode, the game immediately exits with an
error, saying it requires DirectX 9.

With the latest Wine CVS and 24bit mode, I get the behaviour described in
my original mail.

With Wine 20050310 and your DX9 patch I get the error saying it requires
DirectX 9 (oddly).

So basically, I should just wait for this to be fixed?

Tom