wine-20050419 crashes warcraft 3

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Sun May 1 06:49:42 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I recently compiled wine-20050419, and decided to give Warcraft 3 a try.
The game installed nicely but crashed at runtime, freezing my computer.
I had to hard-reboot the box to recover. Unfortunately, i am unable to give any
trace or log, because each time i launch Warcraft it hangs, leaving me with no
alternative but rebooting the system.

On the other hand, the world editor works more or less : i can't see the menu
bar above the map entry, but i can play with the landscape elements and build a
map.

I also managed to play "Starcraft" and "Atomic Bomberman", which don't make use
of opengl, so it sounds like my installation is correct.

Running Warcraft with or without "-opengl", in managed or desktop mode, as
root or normal user, with any windows version (from win98 up to winxp) amounts
to the same crash.

My config is:
- kernel 2.4.26 running on a k6-2 500MHz.
- xorg server 6.8.1
- GeForce 4 MX440 with latest NVidia drivers (1.7174)
Everything  compiled locally with gcc 3.3.4.

Any (little) help is more than welcomed!

regards, Seb.