short-circuting a dialog box?

Kees Cook kees at
Tue May 3 10:23:40 CDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 11:56:35AM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> For simple things, merely sending the dialog a WM_COMMAND with the right
> parameters will do it for you. You can programatically find the dialog
> using "FindWindow".

Ah-ha, yes.  I ended up using EnumWindows (filtering out the HWND from
GetTopWindow).  Thanks!  WM_COMMAND, IDOK, 0 did the trick.

Now, a final note, is there any way to stop a dialog from
displaying itself?  (i.e., let dialogs become active, but not draw
themselves?)  The ttydrv doesn't like trying to open the dialog:

fixme:ttydrv:TTYDRV_GetBitmapBits (0x7d, 0x76d3501c, 128): stub

Kees Cook