Cannot compile man pages outside source directory

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu May 5 03:55:44 CDT 2005

William Poetra Yoga H <williampoetra at> writes:

> Then, because documentation/man3w should be in the build directory, we have to
> modify TOPSRCDIR and TOPOBJDIR for the makefiles. I modified them to:
> TOPSRCDIR = @abs_top_srcdir@
> TOPOBJDIR = @abs_top_builddir@
> Is this correct? I'm testing it (my machine's slow) to see if it breaks
> anything.

No, you don't want to put absolute paths in makefiles. c2man should be
fixed to load files from the source directory if they are not found in
the build directory.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at