[DInput] Fix 'peek' code for mouse (S3 problem)

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Thu May 5 08:02:53 CDT 2005

> The game seems to use the X cursor, which is continuously warped back. The
> cursor can be moved a little bit(~1 cm) if I move the mouse fast, but it
> immediatly warps back to the window center.

Thanks for the log, but except for the timestamp and sequence number which I
find a bit strange (will have to investigate on Windows), it looks perfectly
OK.

As the cursor itself, what is the shape of the X cursor ? Is it the normal
one or is it changed by the application ? I would be really surprised if the
application did use the 'normal' cursor and did not do it itself using
DirectX.

It could be confirmed by the screenshots I found on the web when one does
not see any cursor drawn on the screen. Did you test this game on Windows to
see how the cursor looks like ?

Finally, could you send me a +ddraw,+dinput,+cursor log so that I can
reproduce this on my test box and see if the 'normal' mouse cursor stays on
screen or if it is hidden by either DDraw or DInput.

Thanks,
             Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/