Wine 20050310 redraw problems (specifically with Paint Shop Pro 7)

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 5 11:32:52 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 10:34 +0000, Jules Richardson wrote:
> Wine 20050211, 20050310, 20050419 (the three I've tried) all have this
> nasty redraw bug where the drawing canvas isn't being refreshed. So
> whatever the fault is, it crept in somewhere between 20040914 and
> 20050211.

Right, whatever the problem is, it turned up in 20050111.

Versions prior to that handled the window creation / refresh correctly,
but at 20050111 and later the window isn't being cleared upon initial
creation and isn't being refreshed when the window is partially or
wholly obscured by anything and then made visible again.

Note that PSP drawing tools *do* work - i.e. I can draw with the pen
tool say, and the window contents are updated fine. It seems to be
interaction with "external" things (tooltips, other windows etc.) that
has been broken.

Unless someone can point me at how to get a call trace out of Wine (one
that isn't several GB :-) this is about at the limit of what I can do
though - my C coding is rather rusty and I likely don't have the time to
read up on how the debugger etc. work. Doubtless a call trace would be
useful in pinpointing the problem though...

cheers

Jules