winecfg: Add wine configuration tab

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Thu May 5 11:45:22 CDT 2005

On Thu, 05 May 2005 08:43:00 -0400, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> I think we intentionally omitted such a page before. The thinking
> is that these are really low-level settings that normal users shouldn't
> touch. Those who *need* to for whatever strange reason can use
> regedit to do so.

Yeah, I was *going* to say that until I read the patch. But these options
seem quite sane and easy to understand, and also quite hard to remove.
Here they are:

* Show symbolic links
* Show dot files (should maybe renamed to "show hidden files")
* Path environment variables

I'm not sure about the last one but the first two should almost certainly
have options: it'll be a constant stream of questions if we don't. They
affect end users directly and should be configurable. Maybe once we have
some algorithm to detect infinite symlink loops we can remove that option.

So, I reckon it should go in. Just my €2 ;)

thanks -mike