Cannot compile man pages outside source directory

William Poetra Yoga H williampoetra at
Thu May 5 12:30:25 CDT 2005

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at> wrote:
> No, you don't want to put absolute paths in makefiles. c2man should be
> fixed to load files from the source directory if they are not found in
> the build directory.

Why shouldn't we have absolute paths in makefiles?

OK, I'll take a look at and see what I can do (though I've never
spoken Perl before). Or maybe someone more fluent in Perl can fix this? What I
have in mind is add an option -S that gives the source directory (shouldn't be
too difficult, right?)

William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page