[revisited] [OLE #31] Dynamically Allocate the MTA

Dustin Navea speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:44:24 CDT 2005

 >Vincent Béron wrote:
 >
 >>Le mar 11/01/2005 à 14:03, Robert Shearman a écrit :
 >>

 >>>Changelog:
 >>>- Make MTA dynamically allocated so that proxies and other resources
are
 >>>freed at the proper time.
 >>>- Changed/removed some incorrect comments regarding apartments.
 >>>----
 >>>

 >>This patch broke wineprefixcreate invocation for me.
 >>
 >>What happens is I get a:
 >>X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
 >>  Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
 >>  Resource id in failed request:  0x77e61740
 >>  Serial number of failed request:  107
 >>  Current serial number in output stream:  114
 >>error while wineprefixcreate runs "wine rundll32.exe
 >>setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 wine.inf".
 >>
 >>The error do go away if one of avifil32.dll or devenum.dll is commented
 >>out in [RegisterDllsSection] in wine.inf.
 >>
 >>My personal guess is that one (or both) of those dlls do something which
 >>they should not, and we end up with using freed or unallocated memory.
 >>

 >I don't see the problem on my machine. Do the tests in dlls/ole32/tests
 >work for you?
 >Is it possible to capture a +ole log for the wineprefixcreate >invocation?
 >I'll do a review of the code paths that patch touches anyway, but I
 >don't see how it could affect things - devenum does not use MTAs and
 >avifil32 does not use COM.
 >
 >Rob

Apparently this is affecting more than 1 user (see bug 2398).  Was the
cause (and a proper fix) ever found for this problem other than
commenting out the necessary line?  The reporter of that bug was going
to do a regression test, and the Jan release was the last official
release that worked, so of course this problem affected him until he
found that mail.  I assume so since we havent gotten any more reports of
this, but I want to make sure, and find out when the problem was fixed.

Dustin