Revisiting exceptions

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Fri May 6 13:51:30 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 16:23 +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> They clearly won't work as is, but if your question is whether it's
> possible to use attribute((cleanup)), then yes you could probably use
> that to make the current macros more compatible.  Obviously that would
> be only as an option for Winelib apps since it's not portable.

Sure, that's what I was asking. I wanted to see if we could make
break/continue/return work inside TRY macros, which this technique seems
to give. As we already decided it'd need compiler support it's no big
deal that it's not portable (between compilers). At least it probably
works on an unmodified GCC.

So now if somebody wants to go ahead and improve our SEH macros using
this technique, please, be my guest ...

thanks -mike