Wine Wiki Status

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri May 6 17:50:06 CDT 2005

Le ven 06/05/2005 à 08:42, Jani Kärkkäinen a écrit :
> Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
>
> >On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:12:01PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> >

> >I wanted to require that you login to edit anyway, it was so easy
> >to forget that I even forgot a few times. Do people want to go back
> >to the old way, and allow even not logged in people edit?
> >

> New to the list, and with not much weight on my words, but still...
>
> I gather a required log in would be the way to go. Why? Well, imagine
> your basic net troll stumbling on wine wiki. "Hey! I can edit these!
> Cool. Let's just take all of those out, yeah, and add to the Project
> Ideas some cool projects like CoLd FUsiON! Yeah!"

I'm not much worried about "take all of those out", it's easy to spot
and put back the previous revision. What's more insidious is if some
small things are changed (wrong facts, allusions, even typos added),
those can take longer to spot and then you have to merge the original
page and the correct modifications which took place after the
problematic user came in.

Vincent