wineconsole exits immediately (Wine 20050310 debian sarge/testing)

J. Grant jg at jguk.org
Sat May 7 12:12:37 CDT 2005

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick response.

[...]
>> I was trying to run wcmd, it seems to have been renamed wineconsole.
>
> No, wcmd is still there, wineconsole is only the "terminal emulation
> window". If you want wcmd call it something like:
> wineconsole --backend=user wcmd

Ok, I gave that a shot:

$ wineconsole --backend=user wcmd
Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin wineconsole.exe --backend=user wcmd ...
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
err:wineconsole:WCUSER_SetFont wrong font
wineconsole: spawning client program failed (L"wcmd"), invalid/missing
command line arguments ?
Wine exited with a successful status
]$

lrwxrwxrwx  1 now3d now3d 25 2005-05-06 19:36 wcmd.exe ->
/usr/lib/wine/wcmd.exe.so

That symbolic link is not flashing, but I noticed the file it points to
does not exist.  I attatched the list of files I do have in /usr/lib/wine/

Is it not possible to just type "wcmd" in bash like we used to be able
to? could that not be a default or even a shell script which ran
"wineconsole --backend=user wcmd" if that is now the way to run things ?

Please include my email address in replies.
Kind regards
JG
--
Homepage: http://jguk.org/