[DInput] Fix 'peek' code for mouse (S3 problem)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat May 7 17:27:03 CDT 2005

Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2005 19:30 schrieb Lionel Ulmer:
> > It doesn't look like the normal X cursor. S3 changes the cursor the same
> > way in Wine as it does on Windows, but I think, appart of it's look that
> > it's the normal X cursor / the normal Windows GDI cursor.
>
> trace:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
> (this=0x77c55f18,0x0008004c,0x00000006)
> trace:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_SetCooperativeLevel  cooperative level :
> DISCL_FOREGROUND DISCL_NONEXCLUSIVE -----------^
>
> And this means that the mouse cursor will NOT be hidden by DInput. So S3
> really uses the standard GDI cursor at the same time than DInput.
Just an update:

I just noticed that S3 has a registry setting called "GDIMouse". This setting
is reflected by the "use colored mouse pointer(if possible)" / "use
monochrome mouse pointer" settings. ("Benutze farbigen Mauszeiger(wenn
möglich)" and "Benutze monochrimen Mauszeiger" in my German version).
Changing this Setting has no effect on S3 in Wine. I suppose S3 fails to draw
its own mouse pointer in Wine and falls back to the GDI one.

I don't know why I didn't notice this earlier