Assertion fails in riched20; relay debug segfaults

Adrian Harvey ajharvey at myrealbox.com
Sun May 8 00:20:06 CDT 2005

The wine version of riched20 fails an assertion when starting
StreamboxVCR

$ wine .wine/drive_c/Program\
Files/StreamboxVcrSuite2/StreamBoxVCR1Beta31/vcr_31turbo.exe
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID {4955dd33-
b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59}, hres is 0x80040154
err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id fffffdfa, flags 4!
err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id fffffdfb, flags 4!
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc WM_SETFONT: stub
wine-pthread: run.c:522: ME_CalcRunExtent: Assertion `size.cx' failed.
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects

Along with a popup dialogue box from the visual C++ runtime library
indicating abnormal program termination.  The file run.c appears to be
part of riched20, and indeed overriding the load order to native only
for that DLL allows the program work.

All reasonably standard debugging so far, and I went for some more
logging to aid tracing the problem (or to log in bugzilla when it all
gets too hard for my skill level ;-) )

$ WINEDEBUG="+relay" wine .wine/drive_c/Program\
Files/StreamboxVcrSuite2/StreamBoxVCR1Beta31/vcr_31turbo.exe
0009:Call kernel32.__wine_kernel_init() ret=55727d9e
Segmentation fault

Shortest relay trace I've ever had!  But I'm not really sure where to go
from here...  Running GDB on it gives me no useful results.  I have an
AMD64 box running Fedora Core 3 and wine is the latest from CVS.

I'm going to try some other tracing to look at the riched problem, but
+relay crashing seems serious to me.

	Adrian