Regression in start wars jedi knight: jedi academy

Raphael fenix at
Sun May 8 19:27:41 CDT 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 18:26, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Hello,
> I've yet another problem with the OpenGL patches from April 28: Star Wars
> Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy crashes during startup.
> The problematic commit is
>, it's not the
> same problem as with Half-life. The crash happens in ntdll in
> HEAP_CreateFreeBlock. The call trace shows EDIT_MakeFit on
> wine/dlls/user/edit.c as the function which calls the heap functions.
> The crash only occurs if the game's configuration file exists, so the first
> start succeeds, but the following calls fail.
> I've attached 3 +opengl,+edit traces:
> before.out: Game start with config file and without the mentioned wine
> patch after.out: Game start with config file and with the patch
> applied(crash) nocfg.out: Game start without config file and with the
> patch(no crash)
> Any ideas? The whole thing looks quite strange as the crash is not directly
> related to OpenGL.
> Stefan

Strange behavior to see alocations problems after my patch :(

can you try to edit dlls/opengl32/wgl.c

and change internal_glGetString to something like (see below) to try

const GLubyte * internal_glGetString(GLenum name) {
   return glGetString(name);