Assertion fails in riched20; relay debug segfaults

Adrian Harvey ajharvey at
Mon May 9 04:44:58 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 17:41 -0400, Vincent Béron wrote:
> Relay shouldn't segfault, and it's still supported. I guess Adrian (if
> nobody else can reproduce) will need to add further traces or go through
> it with a debugger.
> Vincent

If I try to GDB wine I get all sorts of ugly errors
$ gdb wine
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.1post-1.20040607.43rh)
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host
libthread_db library "/lib64/tls/".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/wine
[New Thread 1431890144 (LWP 4695)]
[New Thread 1442380720 (LWP 4698)]
[Thread 1442380720 (LWP 4698) exited]
Cannot find user-level thread for LWP 4695: generic error

and starting winedbg in gdb mode gets me nowhere
$ WINEDEBUG=+relay winedbg --gdb
0009:Call kernel32.__wine_kernel_init() ret=55727d9e
Segmentation fault

I then tried re-enabling core dumps (Redhat turns them off by default)
I don't get much useful from where, but GDB does tell me that
Core was generated by `/usr/local/bin/wine-
preloader /usr/local/bin/wine-pthread'.

so I gdb the preloader with the core, and get
#0  0x5575b624 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x5575b624 in ?? ()
#1  0x55a4c852 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()

not very helpful - a function name would have been a start!
so, any hints on how I can go on?