APPDB: Half-Life and Counter-Strike with WINE

David F. Colwell dfcolwell at dfcolwell.com
Mon May 9 19:53:44 CDT 2005

Hiji wrote:

>--- "David F. Colwell" <dfcolwell at dfcolwell.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Hiji et al,
>>
>>Couldn't find Half-Life or Counter-Strike in the DB
>>yet they returned...
>>
>>Submitted version rejected

>>The version you submitted ( 1.0.0.0) has been
>>rejected.This application is already in the
>>database.  If you are interested in helping out with
>>the howto please sign up to be a maintainer of the
>>application.  Thanks.
>>We appreciate your help in making the Version
>>Database better for all users.
>>
>>Best regards.
>>The AppDB team
>>http://www.winehq.org/
>>

>>I did my part.  :-)
>>

>>On Monday 09 May 2005 7:40 pm, Hiji wrote:
>>

>>>Any ideas?  (I'm forwarding the message, so, it
>>>defaults to showing below my message.  Sorry!) :(
>>>

>--- Chris Morgan <cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu> wrote:
>

>>I plugged 'half-life' into the search box and got:
>>
>>http://appdb.winehq.org/search.php?q=half-life
>>
>>Looks like its working here.  What did you search
>>for?
>>
>>I just added 'halflife' as a keyword to the
>>half-life application so searching
>>for 'halflife' also returns the appropriate results.
>>
>>Chris
>>

>I found it too, but I believe the problem was that he
>was trying to add a specific version (1.0.0.0), and he
>got the error.  The versions I see on there are
>1.1.0.8 and 1.1.1.0
>
>David, can you elaborate for us?
>
>Hiji
>

>Yahoo! Mail
>Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour:
>http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html

Roger that.  I have version 1.0.0.0 of CS and submitted it as such.  I
entered version "1" of HL having not readily found the version.  After
more searching I now find I have version 1.0.0.9  Nevertheless, should
the CS have been rejected?  I see the DB now and I probably didn't
submit well.  I pasted my original mail to wine-users at winehq.org in the
description portion of the form and then got lazy and said "see above"
in the following section.