Wine 20050310 redraw problems (specifically with Paint Shop Pro 7)

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 11 14:26:13 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 10:22 -0600, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> That's try this patch:
> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2005/05/0207.html

No luck I'm afraid, same behaviour :(

> > Paint Shop Pro will be one of those classes of apps that looks after its
> > own drawing windows, and expects the system to pass *all* window related
> > messages for its drawing window(s) to the app itself, rather than wine
> > trapping and handling some of them.
> This is up to any app to do. All messages are sent to app in a first place. Then
> app decides if it will handle the massage or pass it default handler.

Is there a way of trapping and spitting to stdout all the window-related
event messages that are being sent to an app? Or do they not happen in
any kind of central enough place to do that? (I suppose it'd also be
useful to be able to dump all window flags at the same time)

At least that way I could see exactly what events the app was getting in
20040914 (where things worked) that suddenly went missing in 20050111...
(assuming it is an event handling / window flag bug at all rather than a
window stack problem that crept in or something)

Not only am I not familiar with the wine source code yet, I've got no
clue how the Windows event model even works... :)

cheers

Jules