Extending File Dialog to include unix file paths [4/4]

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 00:25:03 CDT 2005

Hi Michael,

--- Michael Lin <mlin at corvu.com.au> wrote:
> If your target platform is windows, don't define the WINE_UNIX_PATHS
> flag when you compile and it will all behave
> the same as before. It's only when you define WINE_UNIX_PATHS flag that
> GetOpenFileNameW() will be mapped
> to UnixFSGetOpenFileNameW() for example. Else it will call the same
> function as before and shouldn't break on Windows.
> WINE_UNIX_PATHS is currently not defined anywhere in WINE, so no one
> should see any difference. To see the change,
> you have to define that flag in your winelib application's makefile.

But your defining UnixFSGetOpenFileNameW in the spec file so the import library will still have
that function listed so if I link a dll to that import library its going to fail on Windows even
if I am not calling that function. The Windows Linker/Loader is not forgiving like the Unix loader
if the symbol is not found in the import table. It seems like Winebuild will need some magic as
well if you don't want these function exported all the time.

Thanks
Steven

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html